Plan Your Visit
Plan a Visit to Christ Lutheran Church
Everyone is welcome at Christ Lutheran Church!
We know that visiting a new church can be overwhelming and intimidating, and we want to help you feel welcome and comfortable as you visit. We hope this page answers a lot of questions you may have, but if not, please reach out by calling our church office at 928-726-0773, or email ChurchOffice@ChristYuma.org
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions when considering a visit to Chist Lutheran Church
Service Times and Location
Our church campus is located at 2555 South Engler Avenue
We have special parking spots reserved for new visitors in the front church parking lot. If the spaces in front of the church are full, we have additional parking in the back of the church accessible through a drive-through gate at the north of the church. Handicap accessible parking spaces are available in both locations near the entrance sidewalks.
Entering the Building
The main church doors are located through the gate from the front parking lot, or by the garden from the back parking lot.
Once you enter through the main doors, you will see a kiosk in the entryway. You can pick up a bulletin to follow along through the service, fill out a Connect Card and/or a prayer request card, and ask any questions you may have. You will find codes to scan for digital versions of these as well.
What’s a Service Like?
Our services typically last about 50-60 minutes.
- Every element of all of our services is projected on the screen behind the altar so you may follow along. Printed worship folders, including large print worship folders, are also available at the kiosk in the entry way if you prefer.
- Our Traditional Services begin with the ringing of the bells and a musical prelude. The service continues with hymns accompanied by an organ, confession of sins and assurance of forgiveness, readings from God’s Word, an inspiring message from one of our Pastors, and a time of prayer. At the end of the service, one of the Pastors will give a blessing and make announcements about upcoming events.
- The Contemporary Services contain the same elements as the Traditional Services, but instead of hymns, Contemporary songs are sung. These songs are songs you may hear on a Christian radio station, and are led by our Contemporary Band.
- There are times during the service that you may be asked to sit or stand. Don’t worry, our Pastor won’t leave you guessing! He will instruct the congregation when time comes.
- On some occasions we may have baptisms during the service. Other times we celebrate communion together. At every service, the Pastor will explain what’s happening during the service so that there are no surprises whatsoever.
- After the Pastor’s message, an offering is taken. This offering is for those who call Christ Lutheran Church their home church. As our guest, you’re not expected to give any money. That decision is totally up to you. We have been blessed with many opportunities to serve the needs of our community, and through the generosity of our church members, we can meet those needs. You are welcome to join in God’s work at Christ Lutheran Church as you feel you’re ready. Offering is placed in the plates at the front of the church when the Pastor directs the congregation to do so. A completed Connect Card can be placed in the plates at that time.
Get to Know Us
One of the things that our church is known for is the wonderful teaching from our pastors. They have an exceptional gift of taking what may seem like complicated topics in the Bible and explaining them in ways that we can all understand. You can follow the link below to browse our sermon library and see for yourself.
Our ultimate goal is for everyone at Christ Lutheran Church to feel comfortable and confident in their ability to read and understand the Bible. If you don’t own a Bible, we’d love to give you one. Please stop by the kiosk in the entryway to ask. You can also download a Bible app to your phone for easy access. Yes, that’s why all the people sitting around you have their phones out during the service. They’re not texting! Well, most of them aren’t. 😉
About our Music
Our 8 AM service worship includes traditional hymns accompanied by an organ.
At our 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM services, worship starts with contemporary Christian music featuring a band with talented guitarists, drummer, and singers. Our gifted musicians and singers will provide a spiritually moving musical foundation for everyone to join in. It’s all for one purpose—not to experience a band, but to experience God through our times of singing.
Lyrics to all hymns and songs are projected on the screen behind the altar, and are printed in the worship folder available at the kiosk. The hymns are also printed in the blue hymnals located in the pews.